Friday, January 2, 2009

It's a New Year!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! I know I know, we've already passed Christmas and the New Year but I'm a little late. Erik and Madeline and I were so excited that we were able to spend some time with my family in Dallas and Erik's family in Arkansas and that everyone was finally able to meet Madeline.

In Dallas, we stayed in my Dad's new house in Kessler. We had a great time hanging out with family and friends and showing off our little one. Several people tried to steal Madeline away (you know who you are) but we weren't having any of it. It was fun having a little one at Christmas even though she is totally unaware of the festivities. The next couple of years will bring lots of smiles, laughter, and presents for our little Madeline. Our trip was much too short but I'll be back in February for a long visit!

We stayed with at Erik's parents new house in Arkansas. How come everyone has a new house except us? Oh well. We had a great time with Erik's family. Kirstin and Brant were so good with Madeline and cousin Kiera is now 3 and so darling. Madeline is going to love following her around in the future years.


Madeline and Kiera


Our family


Opa haning out with Madeline


4 generations of women


Christmas 2009

1 comment:

Chris and Jill said...

LOVE the family pictures! Madeline is so beautiful, just like her mom and dad. I'm so happy you had a great visit with both families and just wish SO MUCH that we had been able to get to Dallas so I could meet your baby girl too. When will you be there in February? When is a good time to call you? I've wanted to catch up so much but have been afraid of waking you and Madeline up during a nap... I know those first few months, the sleeping schedule is nuts. Love you and miss you!