Sunday, October 26, 2008

Green Poop

I have always heard from new parents that you become so fascinated with your new baby's bodily functions, particularly with their poop. I am here to say that it is so true! Erik and I have gotten so many laughs out of our little Madeline's gassy smiles, loud burps, and powerful poops. I think the triumph (yes triumph) we feel in all these things stems from the fact that all these little things let us know that our baby is functioning the way she should.

So imagine my surprise when I go to change Madeline's diaper and find green poop. Yep, green. Very dark and very green. Of course I freak out a little, call our pediatrician for the second time in two weeks, look all through my new bible (The Baby Book by Dr. Sears), and do a google search for "newborns and green poop". While I worried about allergies, food sensitivities, and a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance Madeline went on a breastfeeding marathon and 48 hours later the green poop problem seems to have corrected itself. I suppose that babies sometimes have green poop :) And yes, I am the proud parent of a baby girl who now has regular yellow mustard seedy poops!

On a different note, when Madeline was 10 days old we had some professional photos of her taken. Here are a few that I just love. Isn't she beautiful!!

















3 comments:

Melody said...

Yes, it is amazing how you can have such lengthy conversations about poop with your spouse! We still discuss it. :)

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pics! She is so gorgeous like her mommy!

Annie and Jeremy said...

Hahaha, this entry made me laugh! And I looooove the pictures! You make a beautiful family!

Chris and Jill said...

I am still cracking up!
Love the pictures - Miss Madeline is so beautiful ~ the entire family is :-)