Friday, October 31, 2008

Mommy Cried

Yesterday Madeline got her first bottle of breast milk. We had been advised and had decided to start giving her a couple of bottles a week so that she would take both the bottle and the breast. After I finally figured out how to work that darn breast pump we were ready to try the bottle. Erik tried to give it to her first. But I think she was a bit confused that Daddy was holding her when she was obviously hungry and so she didn't really understand the bottle. So then I tried and after a little fumbling she took right to that bottle. I handed Madeline back to Erik and again she took right to the bottle. Yay! Success!

And then I started crying. Seriously, just bawling. I couldn't help it. I was watching Erik and Madeline and it jut hurt that I wasn't the one feeding her. I know that its great that she will be able to take both. I do know that in my head. I will be able to leave her with Erik or a babysitter, I can get a night out, etc. But it still hurt. She's growing up so fast already...



Madeline's first bottle


Happy Daddy!


No comments: